China Medical University-(Shenyang)
China Medical University is situated in Shenyang, Liaoning province. It was the first medical school created by the Chinese Communist Party. It was the sole school that had completed the whole 12,500 kilometerLong March while persisted in running the school. It was also among the first schools that given school instruction of western medicine in China.
The forerunner of the university was the Military Medical School of Peasants’ Red Army and the Chinese Workers’. It was set up with the acceptance of The Central Military Commission in Ruijin of Jiangxi province that was the birthplace of the Provisional Central Government of the Soviet Republic of China in October of 1931. It was the first medical school created by the Chinese Communist Party. He Cheng, Chief of the General Military Medical Department of the Central Military Commission held a concurrent place as the principal. The opening ceremony was held in Yudu, Jiangxi province on February 22nd, 1932. Comrade Mao Zedong invented the principles of “firm in political belief, excellent at Commander-in-chief and practical abilities” Zhu De made a speech. In October 1932, the Central Military Commission approved to change the name of the school to the Health School of Peasants’ Red Army and the Chinese Workers’. In October 1934, as element of the section directly subordinated to the Military Commission, the school left Ruijin to join the well-known 12,500 kilometer Long March and carried out saving works while persisting in running the school, which makes a record unparalleled in history in both the histories of Chinese Communist Party and medical instruction of folks’s military.
In December 1935, the school began running in Wayaobu and arrived at the north of Shaanxi province. To Yan’an, it moved in January 1937 and in August of the exact same year. The school marched to the anti-Japanese front line with General Health Ministry. Students and the faculty took active parts in Battle of Pingxingguan and Battle of Yangmingbu in the saving work. In September 1940, accepted by Central Committee of Chinese Communist Party and suggested by Comrade Mao Zedong, its name changed to China Medical University. In 1941, Comrade Mao Zedong composed for the first graduates of China Medical University (14th grads since the establishment of the school) the inscription “Fix the wounded, save the dying, and practice ground-breaking humanitarianism.” This inscription finally becomes the slogan for most medical workers of the nation and has become the activity guide for CMU individuals.
In November 1945, below the directions of the Central Committee of Chinese Communist Party about creating and combining northeastern radical base, China Medical University shoved Yan’a and upwards apart. In July 1946, it arrived at Xingshan, Heilongjiang province(current Hegang city) and absorbed Northeast Military Medical University (former Harbin Army Medical School). In January 1947, it absorbed the Medical College of Northeast University and part of former Harbin Medical University and in 1948 it created four division schools with the first and second division schools afterwards developed into current Harbin Medical University, the 3rd division moving back to university headquarter and the fourth division developed into current Chengde Medical College.
In November 1948, the entire northeast of China was liberated as well as the university was ordered to move to Shenyang. It born and took over the prior national Shenyang Medical School (previously called the Manchuria Medical College created by the Japanese South Manchuria Railway in 1911) and the former private Liaoning Medical College (previously referred to as Mukden Medical College, founded by the United Presbyterian Church of Scotland in 1883). In October 1952, in line with the determination of the State Department of Education on the alteration of sections, the school of pharmacy split from the CMU and formed a fresh school as Northern East pharmacy school (current Shenyang Pharmaceutical University). Under the management of national Ministry of Health, China Medical University was put in August 1954. In September 1956, its name changed to Shenyang Medical College under the teachings of the State Council but recovered its name “ China Medical University” in January 1978. In 2000, the university began to be administrated by Liaoning Ministry of Health of PRC and state; In December 2015, the university became a co-built university by Liaoning provincial authorities, National Health and Family Planning Commission and Ministry of Education.
China Medical University taught and has nurtured more than 90 thousand senior medical professionals from way back its foundation. Its grads are a number of other nations and areas and all over China, a number of whom have become senior leaders in national health direction and medical specialists that are renowned. At present, CMU is authorised to give doctoral degrees in 6 primary areas, which are Clinical Medicine, Biology, Stomatology, Public Health, Fundamental Medicine and Preventive Medicine, and Nursing. In addition, it has five national vital academic disciplines and one national vital academic discipline in farming, 40 national vital clinical speciality building jobs of National Health and Family Planning Commission, 6 first class identifying areas of universities and schools in Liaoning, 7 mobile postdoctoral stations and 21 undergraduate specialities.
China Medical University is presently facing unprecedented development opportunities. Students and the faculty will work collectively and dedicate themselves to striving to construct a first class national medical university with a global name.